Re: Dependency Proposal: Clutter 0.6.2, ClutterMM 0.6

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 15:27 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:

> > we plan to release 0.8 by June, at this point; we have some pending
> > items to merge into trunk before we can start pushing out developers
> > snapshots.
>
> so this is still the plan? just saw that 0.7.0 was released yesterday,
> and GNOME API freeze is July 28.

took a little bit more than expected, but the plan still holds: 0.8.0
will be released before GUADEC. we'll keep pushing out developers
snapshots for people to test and play with the new API and features.

AFAIK, only Gnome Games and some work on GThumb full screen previews that are modules inside GNOME have officially started using Clutter. If we can get buy-in from the GThumb (I'm in) we can depend on just 0.8 instead of on 0.6.2 and 0.8 for 2.24.

Though, at this point, my work won't be ready by the feature freeze so it's not going to make it in to 2.24 anyway.