Re: how to take screenshots of cheese

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 20:50 +0100, daniel g. siegel wrote:
> hi guys!
>
> as gnome 2.22 gets ready, we probably need some screenshots of cheese.
> as other programs, like eog or tomboy can show just some sample media, i
> cannot show just a sample face. any idea how i could make screenshots
> without having my face all over the gnome website? well, i would like
> that too, but i dont know if you guys want that ;)

If it's just screenshots, can't you use a source other than v4l(2)src in
your hacked version with a picture with a nice license (say, some
creative commons license).

You could even add that as an option in Cheese itself if passed a
particular command-line option, so that other people can do mock
screenshots too.

Or you could use your nice puppet :)