Re: GNOME's testing strategy for GUIs

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 13:26 -0800, Brad Taylor wrote:
> Hey,
>
> > Personally I would like to use one of these frameworks to automatically
> > take screenshots of Conduit releases, but so far I'm stuck. I don't have
> > enough time to compare all the available options, and don't want to
> > waste time picking one that doesn't get anointed at a later date.
>
> FYI -- Strongwind, by default, takes a screenshot after every
> action/expected result pair, so it could be used as an automated
> documentation tool.

Looking through the code I noticed that utils.takeScreenshot() took a
shot of the root window, not of a specific window, which is what I would
need (as conduit has ~1 config dialog per data provider).

Then there is other stuff like making this all work automatically and
easily in xvfb so that I do not get dialogs popping up all over the
show. Does strongwind do this? (actually never mind, I dont want to take
this off topic)

Regards,

John