Re: State of gvfs in Gnome 2.21

On Feb 12, 2008 8:53 AM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 08:42 -0500, Luis Villa wrote:
> > On Feb 12, 2008 8:36 AM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> > > Despite all the hard work, it doesn't look like the new Nautilus will be
> > > ready for GNOME 2.22 without regressions.
> > >
> > > Why aren't we talking about punting it until GNOME 2.23/24? We've never
> > > allowed this kind of thing before - punting would be entirely normal.
> >
> > We once delayed
>
> delays are generally very disruptive to other projects (distros, mostly)
> who have aligned with our schedule. Reverting would have to be really
> impossible.

It isn't just that they are impossible, it is that they are also
time-consuming- you have to separate them out from all the other
changes made during the cycle, and that is not effort-free. If the
delays are that big a deal to the distros, then they should lend some
QA and development resources to the final sprint.

Luis