Re: Sound effects

On Fri, 12.12.08 11:33, Iain * (iaingnome gmail com) wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Karl Lattimer <karl qdh org uk> wrote:
>
> > Apple have done a good job making sounds fit with what's happening.
>
> You mean by providing a single "System sound"[1] like I'm advocating
> and leaving the rest up to application authors?

That screenshot is misleading. MacOS defines at least 15 standard
sounds. But they allow you to change only one of them. Google should
help you find what the list of sounds is. There ar sounds for
"emptying trash" and things, which are not documented in the API for
some reasons but nonetheless available.

Lennart