Re: Sound effects

Il giorno ven, 12/12/2008 alle 02.00 +0000, Iain ha scritto:
> Some thoughts on sounds.
>
> The sound naming spec defines 125 sounds.
> That is 125 sounds for the user to learn the meaning of.
> Because the sounds defined are incredibly arbitrary the sounds run the
> risk of having their meaning overloaded.

Having 105 keys on your keyboard doesn't mean you've to use all of them,
and you can have more than one key to do the same thing.

What I'm saying is that, having defined one sound which is a clicking
sound like the iPod one, you can symlink other 20 sounds to it.

The icon themes frequently do it. Why not sound?

m.