Re: Sound effects

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:

> Oh right, that was my other point.  Now that's like sayin "the applications
> should ship their icons, we don't need an icon theme".

Applications do ship their icons. We need an icon theme for the common
icons that are shared between applications.
I'm arguing that there is only one common sound required to share
between applications.

> Note that last word,
> it's a sound *theme*.  How do you get a "Startrek" sound theme if it's up to
> applications to ship their sounds?!

How do you get a tango icon theme if its up to applications to ship
their own icons?
Most applications now ship tango icons, and they look somewhat out of
place if my icon theme isn't tango
How do you get a star trek theme that has a "printer has finished
printing" sound effect that fits in?

iain