Re: Proposed external dependency: clutter

> On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 01:08 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
>
> > > Short description:
> > > ==================
> > > Clutter is an open source software library for creating fast, visually
> > > rich and animated graphical user interfaces.
> > > Clutter uses OpenGL (and optionally OpenGL ES for use on Mobile and
> > > embedded platforms) for rendering but with an API which hides the
> > > underlying GL complexity from the developer. The Clutter API is intended
> > > to be easy to use, efficient and flexible.
> >
> > Is it right to assume that a clutter UI is not accessible? If yes, this
> > means that we can "only" provide clutter UIs as alternative to standard
> > UIs (which is still fine).
>
> since Clutter is GObject-based, each actor can implement the Atk
> interfaces if needed; for 1.0, which is slated to be released by the
> time GNOME 2.26 is out, I'm going to look at how to make actors work
> with Atk just like GtkWidgets do.
Some time ago I started to play implementing Atk interfaces on clutter actors.
I made these tests focusing on the foofone example, and AFAIR I was able to check
the position of the actors (in this case the foofone buttons), but not interact
with them (I stopped before start that).

Anyway, I discarded that (and stopped to play with), because I understood that
clutter is thought as a utility graphical library, and not as a real final
toolkit (and Tidy as an example of someone using clutter). I mean, that I thought
that implement accessibility directly on clutter was something similar to
implement accessibility directly over gdk, when the correct is implement over
gtk (although sometimes you need some light weight objects that will be probably
based on a gdk element).

So, I supposed that we should wait until a new objetual toolkit based on Clutter
to do that, a Total-Complete-Tidy or something like that, in order to check how
to implement that.

You have another ideas about that?

===
API (apinheiro igalia com)