Re: Session Management in 2.24

Emmanuele Bassi wrote on 25/03/08 17:01:

> On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 11:37 +0800, simon zheng sun com wrote:
>> Is it possible to add a extra task to improve logout dialog GUI? The
>> current dialog in new-gnome-session is exactly the same as gnome-panel.
>> Can we do as Ubuntu's own dialog, such as change button layout, show
>> button bigger and more striking, add icon and tooltip text for each
>> button? If it makes sense, I would like try.
>
> no, please: don't. I personally loathe that logout dialog, and love
> the default GNOME one, as it's less "in your face" and flashy.

FWIW, we're intending to change the logout/shutdown process
substantially in future Ubuntu releases, and the current plan (though
this may change) is to get rid of that big dialog.
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Specs/ExitStrategy> So I agree
Gnome shouldn't use our current dialog as a model. :-)

Cheers
--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/