Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.22

Il giorno gio, 27/09/2007 alle 15.48 +0200, Mikael Hallendal ha scritto:
> I'm a bit unsure about how useful libempathy-gtk would be for third
> party applications? Do we have any use cases for this as a library.
>  From the way I suggested at the time of the fork was to make Empathy
> run on top of Telepathy and create the required applications for
> integrating with mission control etc. This doesn't require an
> external library though.

If you want collaborative editing in a word processor or in a text
editor you could use the contact list widget. You could also embed the
chat widget in the editor window, so you can chat while editing the
file.

My nautilus-sendto plugin uses the tree model in libempathy-gtk.

And there are probably many other examples.

I know that relicensing empathy is going to take a lot of work, but we
are not asking you (or other gossip developers) to do this work. We are
only asking to give us permission to relicense your code.

If the main gossip developers agree on relicensing, I'm going to open a
bug in bgo to track this issue.

--
Marco Barisione
http://www.barisione.org/