Re: Status of gnome-keyring-manager for 2.22

Le dimanche 23 septembre 2007, à 09:03 -0400, Adam Schreiber a écrit :
> On 9/23/07, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> > Can we do this for 2.22? Is there any feature in gnome-keyring-manager
> > that is not in seahorse?  If yes, are those features important for our
> > users?
>
> Finding time to finish implementing g-k-m features will largely depend
> on how my thesis is going.  I think access control lists are the last
> important feature to migrate before deprecating g-k-m.  I'm not sure
> how many users actively control which applications can read, write or
> delete each gnome-keyring secret.

I'd say less than 1% of our users know about this feature :-) And
"knowing" doesn't mean "using".

My point is that people can use g-k-m even if it's not part of the
desktop anymore. It sounds wrong to keep g-k-m in the desktop only
because of this feature.

[oh, and really, this is not about "killing" g-k-m, but just removing it
from the desktop suite]

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.