Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.22

Le dimanche 23 septembre 2007 �3:24 +0200, Vincent Untz a �it :
> Le dimanche 23 septembre 2007, �0:59 +0200, Xavier Claessens a �it :
> >  - At some point we'll have same features than Ekiga which is already in
> > GNOME desktop. The big advantage of Empathy is it uses Telepathy
> > framework which make easy for desktop integration and means we'll have
> > VoIP for all protocols (SIP, MSN, Jabber, etc). Empathy supports all IM
> > features (private chat, chatroom, presence, avatar, alias, etc), not
> > only Voice and Video. Ekiga don't have those advantages.
>
> That's an interesting debate. Will the interface of empathy make it easy
> to call phones & mobiles? I'm not quite sure ekiga and empathy fill the
> same role.

We already have SIP implementation and I think it works on the N800.
Empathy just lack of UI for voice/video calls but I'm working on that
atm. I'm not sure telepathy-sofiasip and farshight are as complete as
ekiga but I'm sure work is being done by nokia/collabora to improve
that. I almost never used ekiga myself.

Xavier Claessens.