Re: Why have a ChangeLog file if you already have commit messages?

useful or not.. i think it doesnt matter. i mean, some people need it,
want it, whatever and some wont ever read it (like me for example ;) ).

anyway, in order to please the first group and not to have too much work
on something i hardly need (svn log does that for me), etienne and me
hacked a little wrapper around svn commit, which updates the ChangeLog
file with the commit message before actually commiting. that means, that
the same commit message will be used in the svn log as in your Changelog
file. if you are interested, have a look at [1].

(and if you are wondering why the above is the same text as you will
find in the file itself.. yeah im THAT lazy ;) )

cheers, daniel

[1]: http://home.cs.tum.edu/~siegel/files/cicl
--
this mail was sent using 100% recycled electrons
daniel g. siegel <dgsiegel gmail com>