Re: Distributed SCM in Gnome (Was: Git vs SVN (was: Can we improve things?))

On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 16:19 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le lundi 10 septembre 2007, à 19:18 -0700, Kevin Kubasik a écrit :
>  * There is a _very_ strong general opinion that Gnome should eventually
> move to a DSCM system, it is really just a discussion of how and when.

Hrm. I'm not sure that this statement ("_very_ strong general opinion")
is true. Some people feel this is the way to go, and some are pushing
very hard for this, but there are also people who don't really care and
wonder if we need this.
Hm. I don't have SVN commit access yet, and I feel like DSCM would be a better way of working (i.e. actually being able to commit and make branches for different hacks myself), if there was only an easier way to get my branches online. Maybe GNOME could host something.