Re: gnome power manager inhibit
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Odysseus Flappington <deriziotis gmail com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: gnome power manager inhibit
- Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 14:00:10 -0400
Odysseus Flappington wrote:
beginning to believe there must be a better way of doing this.
I imagine if people had thought of one they would have done it ;-)
This is pretty basic laptop stuff, and since equivalent bugs haven't
been reported on Windows and that generally I've never come across these
problems, I would conclude that they've found a more effective way of
The inhibit API is very new, newer than most of the stuff you mention.
What I'd suggest is filing a bug against each app that does not inhibit
when it should, with a link to the docs on how to use the inhibit API
(or a patch that uses it, even better). This won't guarantee immediate
results but should at least raise awareness and you'll probably see
results on at least some of the bugs.
] [Thread Prev