Re: Pulseaudio

On Fri, 12.10.07 17:46, Ronald S. Bultje (rbultje ronald bitfreak net) wrote:

> On 10/12/07, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>
> > Ronald, you claim: "sound daemon is the right solution _only_ for
> > networked audio". This is also bogus. There's a lot of stuff you want
> > to do in a sound server. For example: policy decisions like "everytime
> > I plug in my USB headset in I want all voip playback streams to
> > automcatically switch to it, and everytime i start my voip app i want
> > its stream to go through the usb headset".
>
> No, you're confusing one possible solution with it being the only solution
> (as you do everywhere else in your email and probably more in general when
> you created PA as well). There's better solutions possible and available,
> and we should use those.

Hmm, there is a better *solution possible and available*? Did I miss
something? Could you please point me to the sound system that does
at least 10% of what PA does right now?

> Other than that, you really think I'm going to read over 10% of this
> email?

I am not sure what I should make of this. Do you want to tell me to
go to hell because you know everything better without even reading my
response to your FUD? Or maybe just that you don't want to take part
on this discussion anymore? I tend to take it as the latter.

Dude, what's wrong with you? The solution I presented allows you to
run GNOME without PA, and even removes the hard ESD dependency. You
should be happy with such a solution, and not insulting me.

Lennart