Re: linuxMint's gnome-menu

> Do you mean the one pictured <http://linuxmint.com/pictures/screenshots/celena/mintmenu.png>?

Yeah, that's the one. Sorry I wasn't more clear and didn't attach a link
to a picture. It's not a drop-in replacement for the current gnome-menu,
but it has some excellent features:

1) The search field
2) You can mouse over Submenus to pull up the menuItems
3) It's pretty
4) The favourites menu

It's written in python right now, and it's a little unresponsive at
times when other programs are running.

Also, since the gnome control center seems to be aiming to incorporate
all the Preferences and Administration capplets, we could eventually
remove these Submenus from the gnome-menu and have just the control
center available. In any event, if the gnome-menu does undergo a
redesign, it'd probably best to implement it first as an option between
the "classic" menu and the "new" menu.

Ciao,
benjamin