Re: GDM login to a JHBuild session

2007-10-02 klockan 17:54 skrev Owen Taylor:
> I assume that other distributions do something similar. So, the
> question is: how should a session .desktop file disable the running of
> DBUS_LAUNCH in the system session initialization?

In my own jhbuild environment, I just start another dbus-launch, the one in
the correct $prefix this times. Since the new instance overwrites the
relevant environment variables, this is not a problem. From my ~/.Xsession
file, I just execute:

  exec jhbuild run dbus-launch --exit-with-session gnome-session

The only drawback is that there is a useless dbus session bus lying around,
but since using jhbuild means that you're running tons of custom (non-distro
provided) software, a small process more or less doesn't matter that much.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

i was alone :: falling free :: trying my best not to forget       -- placebo