Re: New simpler gnome-keyring API
- From: Stef Walter <stef-list memberwebs com>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: New simpler gnome-keyring API
- Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 07:12:27 +0000 (UTC)
Havoc Pennington wrote:
> - the docs don't really explain what the NETWORK_PASSWORD,
> GENERIC_SECRET, NOTE thing is for. My understanding
> is that basically everyone should use GENERIC_SECRET?
True, good point. It may be that we could come up with some additional
types and suggested sets of attributes to be used with them.
> - more pie-in-the-sky, it *might* (or might not) be
> clearer/simpler to do the API as follows:
> schema = gnome_keyring_item_schema_new(
> _("My special password"),
> "login", GNOME_KEYRING_ATTRIBUTE_TYPE_STRING,
> "server", GNOME_KEYRING_ATTRIBUTE_TYPE_STRING,
Yes, I did give a schema based API a bit of thought, and it may be a
However I was thinking that most callers of the API will use two (or
maybe three) function calls to gnome-keyring:
And it seems that it may just be simpler to have the attribute types
specified in the very few calls themselves.
] [Thread Prev