Re: What happened to gnome-sound-recorder??

2007/11/13, Juan Carlos Inostroza <jci codemonkey cl>:

> On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 18:27 -0500, William Lovaton wrote:
> > Just in case it was removed, what other application can I use to record
> > the sound captured through the microphone??
>
> You can use Audacity or Ardour for that.

Yeah, right, just because no one bothered to fix gnome-sound-recorder
(can't record longer than unconcrete amount of time, etc.), you
suggest either install Audacity which hardly works with newest distros
or use Ardour which requires up and running JACK.

Sarcasm aside, it is really pity that basic apps are getting removed
from distros without futher notice and even alternative. This is not
how anyone will get Linux/Free desktop to the comon crowd.

Just my two euro cents,
Peter