Unique app

Hi, folks.

I know there were a lot of discussion in the past about having a library
for make single instance apps, such as libunique [1].

I'm working on a new app (vinagre) and would like to have this feature.
My question is: What should i do?

a) copy and paste Bacon, like, for instance, gedit
b) write my own method, like, for instance, eog
c) use libuniqe (it's not a blessed dependency yet)
d) wait until such feature get into gtk+ or similar

The option (d) is the best way, but i'm afraid it will take some time,
so, i'm asking for your opinions about what to do in short-time (in time
to 2.22).

[1]-http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2007-July/msg00026.html

Thanks,
--