Re: Lowering the barrier
- From: Sebastian Pölsterl <marduk k-d-w org>
- To: Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <mikkel kamstrup gmail com>
- Cc: matteo member fsf org, desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Lowering the barrier
- Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 15:51:13 +0100
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen schrieb:
> POINTS OF ACTION:
> Here is a list of proposed actions to address some of the outlined issues.
> They are intended not impose excessive work load on module maintainers.
> * Write a "GObjects for Java/C# Developers" document (or maybe two separate
> docs) meticulously explaining the concepts of classes and object instances
> compared to Java/C# objects for the lay hacker
I would love to see something like that!
> * Lobby for distributions to create a gnome-developer-studio package
> installing all build deps, documentation, latest anjuta, everything you need
> to hack on Gnome. Pimp those packages on the official Gnome pages.
On Ubuntu you can already do that when installing the gnome-devel package.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
] [Thread Prev