Re: build systems

Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 00:32 +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
>> In this case there is an easy solution. Convert a few GNOME projects
>> to the new build system and show the result.
>
> Good plan. I've got an old branch of gnome-power-manager building with
> waf, and I indend on having waf a build method for PackageKit in the
> next few days. Is there any hard and fast rule that says gnome projects
> _have_ to use autotools?

There is an extra dependency that nobody did evoke during this thread.
In Debian, the Common Debian  Build-System
(http://build-common.alioth.debian.org/) provides some facilities to
integrate modules based on autotools. I guess, it would be handy if you
could also come with the same facilities to build packages using this
scheme.

Regards
--
Emmanuel Fleury