Re: build systems

Richard Hughes wrote:
- Are the current drawbacks of using autotools in GNOME so so so
annoying that it would be really worth the effort of migrating to
something else?

Well, I just copy and paste chunks of code in configure.ac from other
projects, changing the names of constants where required. I really don't
understand how this stuff all works. It's so compicated and legacy bodge
over lagacy bodge. It's slow to build and smatters small script files
all over my source tree - and when it blows up i've not got any idea how
to debug it or fix things.

Hate to be devil's advocate here but maybe you'd be better equipped to fix your build system if you read the documentation instead of blindly copying chunks of configure.ac out of other projects and hoping it works?

Seriously.