Re: su/sudo wrapper

Le mardi 22 mai 2007 à 13:20 -0400, David Zeuthen a écrit :

> I don't see why it has to be an official blessed dependency; I don't
> think anyone prevents you from adding any optional build-time dependency
> as long as it's turned off by default and doesn't complicate the code a
> lot.

Because managing optional dependencies is complicated because your
application looks very different with or without them. These
dependencies are really required, i am not talking about stuff like
plugins, i'am talking about core features. I can't imagine what would be
the purpose of gst if it was not able to do stuff with privileges.

I'am also concerned about consistency and integration : we have one
filedialog, so lets have one password prompt for superuser actions. And
maybe it could be integrated within gnome-keyring, i don't know.

--
Benoît Dejean
GNOME http://www.gnomefr.org/