Re: Roadmapping 2.20 and so on

If I'm allowed to make a suggestion for a general roadmap item for
2.20 which spans multiple modules it would be "desktop wide search"

Currently the GNOME 2.18 desktop contains two search front ends
1. gnome search tool
2. search in nautilus

Then there are "two search engines" (actually there are more but these
ones are the most popular in GNOME) which have there own front end.
1. tracker
2. beagle

My suggestion would be to have only one front end and have a pluggable
backend (a user can either use tracker or beagle)

Jaap