Re: Updating our list of GNOME contributors

Le mardi 06 mars 2007, à 17:31, Behdad Esfahbod a écrit :
> On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 22:31 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > It'd be great to have the non-ascii characters in hexa, so for example:
> > "Mariano Su\xc3\xa1rez-Alvarez" instead of "Mariano Suárez-Alvarez".
>
> Any reason for hex encoding?  That's ugly, and we should handle UTF-8
> just fine.

Because it's a C string, and we're not using UTF-8 in our source code, I
believe. Old policy, or something like this.

> > I'll ask for a hard code freeze break to get this in (yes, this is code
> > ;-)).
>
> And maybe it's time to make it data instead of code?

Bastien suggested this, and wanted to open a bug. It's not too late if
you want to open the bug before he does!

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.