Re: how to get a gnome library version with code?

Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diógenes wrote:
On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 16:57 +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
Le vendredi 02 mars 2007 à 14:24 +0800, Neo Liu a écrit :
gurus,

how can I get a library version in code? is there a general way? and if not, is there a way to get atk/at-spi library version?

I think that you can look at the pkg-config code, since if you type in
your terminal:

pkg-config --modversion gtk+-2.0

you will get the gtk+ version.

No, that's different. That's "What version of GTK+ would I get CFLAGS for and link to if I ran pkg-config --cflags and pkg-config --libs at this moment in time" (from the .pc metafiles), not "What version of GTK+ am I currently linked to." It fails most obviously in a parallel install or statically linked app.

--
Andrew