Re: some more questions on the control center shell, etc

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 14:59 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
[snip]
> We seem to have a really difficult time deciding on changes to our
> user
> interface (gnome-main-menu discussion for example). How do we move
> forward with UI improvements when we face these problems?
[snip]

I think that this assumes that change is good for the sake of change
alone. Changes need to be convincing. When there are serious objections,
the answer is not to delegate the decision to someone less likely to
care. If the end result is bad then the users won't like it any more or
less just because of how we decided it.

On the other hand, it's not possible to convince all the people all the
time. But I don't think that's the problem we have. It just takes effort
to do things right.

Some persona descriptions would help to focus our discussions. That
would be better than dismissing the discussions.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com