Re: .desktop files shipping the obsolete "Application" category

Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le jeudi 21 juin 2007, à 11:14 +0200, Stanislav Brabec a écrit :
> > I already removed "Application" from all SuSE patches and spec files
> > (i. e. places where SuSE explicitly added it).
> >
> > I plan to reopen it after a year or so and patch remaining applications,
> > where upstream did not fix it.
> >
> > It would be enough to make this error fatal in desktop-file-validate.
>
> It can easily be done, but I didn't want to do too soon, since really a
> lot of modules were broken.
>
> Another option is probably to add a --no-deprecate argument to
> desktop-file-validate, which changes deprecation warnings into errors.
>
> Do you want to open a bug in fdo bugzilla? :-)

Let's wait some time for upstream fixes. Otherwise it will break a lot
of packages. In time of last check, about 40% of all desktop files have
had "Application" in "Categories".

After a year or so we can fix the rest.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                          e-mail: sbrabec suse cz
Lihovarská 1060/12                            tel: +420 284 028 966
190 00 Praha 9                                fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic                                http://www.suse.cz/