Re: .so versions

On 7/13/07, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
I've stopped changing the --version-info in gtkmm at all since a couple
of years ago to avoid problems, but I'd really like a simple set of
instructions about what to do in our most common cases, with examples of
actual --version-info numbers before and after.

Yes, this is badly needed, IMO.  I've had complaints that I changed
libwnck .so versions too much.  But I couldn't figure it out from the
comments in various configure.(ac|in) files either.

Going one step further...it'd also be really nice to have some
automated tool to verify whether I made the right changes.  (Perhaps
that could be run as part of make distcheck?)

Elijah