Re: Control center shell, panel and breaking compat

Le mardi 23 janvier 2007, à 19:22, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> On 1/23/07, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> >Le mardi 23 janvier 2007, à 14:28, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> >> You are wrong. The breakage is that the panel simply stopped to parse
> >> and hardcodes the cc shell now. No change in gnome-menus
> >>  is going to fix that...
> >
> >And the panel did this because now only contains the cc
> >shell desktop file.
> The one in the current control center release does, but there are
> other files out there...

I didn't know about this.

> >I'll be happy to revert this if we have a file like the
> >old one.
> If this was meant as an optimization, can I propose to check for the
> existence of, and do the optimization if
> is not present ? That way, people who are happy with the cc shell
> can save the overhead, while others still have the flexibility to use

This was not an optimization, but rather deleting some ugly code which
had become useless. I'll put the code back. Can you reopen the bug about
this, target it to 2.18 and make it a blocker?

Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.