Re: Control center shell, panel and breaking compat

Matthias Clasen wrote:
You are wrong. The breakage is that the panel simply stopped to parse
settings.menu and hardcodes the cc shell now. No change in gnome-menus
is going to fix that...

I *think* the idea was that people could add it back and configure it in the same way that they currently can configure the Applications menu. However, I would agree this doesn't fix your problem of not being able to upgrade and keep your existing layout intact.

Denis was the person working on the categorisation, so I've CC'd him in case he isn't on this list.

-Thomas