Re: recommended D-Bus version for GNOME releases

Frederic Crozat wrote:
And please, guys, build dbus with assertions enabled, it will allow to
catch more bugs in applications during development period.

For distributions, it's important to keep the dbus configure defaults. In particular please, please don't --enable-tests in a production build. There are warnings at the end of configure if you've done anything non-default about possible security and performance implications, and these warnings are accurate afaik.

I believe assertions are off by default because they are pretty expensive in terms of performance and code size, but I could misremember. Application bugs should be caught by --enable-checks, which should be enabled by default, unlike assertions.

Havoc