Re: Module decisions for GNOME 2.18

On 1/21/07, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
Le dimanche 21 janvier 2007, à 20:48, Benoît Dejean a écrit :
> Le dimanche 21 janvier 2007 à 15:57 +0100, Vincent Untz a écrit :
> > Hi everybody,
>
> >  + nm-applet
> >   - positive feedback from the community.
> >   - we don't introduce an external dependency on NetworkManager, but we
> >     will need to mention that nm-applet needs NetworkManager (and
> >     probably a specific version of its API) to be useful.
>
> Does this mean that it is actually possible to compile nm-applet without
> compiling NetworkManager or having NetworkManager dev files installed
> and install nm-applet without installing NetworkManager ?

When nm-applet will be splitted from the NetworkManager module, yes.
Dan told us that he should be able to do this before 2.18.

I don't get it, then it will be like what netapplet does today?
That means allowing me to switch between networks manually? Or will it
be just a nice icon on my tray that has an about window and nothing
else?

:S

Greetings

(I like NM, but this confuses me!)