printing options not totally efficient

I would like to raise attention on the way gnome apps are printing my
documents. However, I'm not sure what package I should file a bug
against or even if this is faulty or intended behaviour, so let me try
to explain it here:

I have this big, fat document like 300 pages long which I need to print.
Now I've never liked to waste paper, so I set evince to print 2 pages
for each paper sheet, and only odd pages. My plan was printing even
pages on the other side of the sheets.

This is how I expected the pages to be printed:

-1,2
-5,6
-9,10
-13,14

Then I'd turn the pages and print the remaining pages on the other side:

-1,2,3,4
-5,6,7,8
-9,10,11,12
-13,14,15,16

Did I make myself clear so far? Well, the actual result of printing only
odd pages was this:

-1,3
-5,7
-9,11
-13,15

So, had I printed even pages as well, these are the pages each actual
sheet would have shown:

-1,3,2,4
-5,7,6,8
-9,11,11,12
-13,15,14,16

Which is obviously wrong and makes the final printed document difficult
as hell to read. So my proposal is, when setting printing options like
even/odd or inverse order, could gnome base the final result on the
actual sheets instead of the document pages?