Re: Synchronising an app with the system clock

2007/2/14, Alex Jones <alex weej com>:
Hi list

I wrote a quick app to alert me every time the clock strikes the hour.
Unfortunately, I found no better way to do this than to check, every
second, to see if the current local time's minutes and seconds are 0.

Maybe I'm being silly, but why not remember what the last hour where and detect when the hour changes? That way you don't have to make sure that you check the clock at  HH:00:00.

Cheers,
Mikkel