Re: Proposed module: nm-applet

On Sat, 2007-02-03 at 12:38 +0100, Diego Gonz�z wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded network-manager-applet from SVN. I don't really
> understand the rationale in separating the applet from NM to distribute
> it separately if in the end there is a hard dependency with NM.
>
> did i read bad the configure.in in network-manager-applet? is there
> something that i am missing?

There are a few pieces of the NM <-> applet communication that require a
library at this time; but that hard .so dep will mostly go away with NM
0.7.

However, it seems kind of silly to require an complete hard separation.
If the D-Bus interface uses constants of some kind (like, oh,
NETWORK_CAP_WEP or something) it would be stupid _not_ to put that in a
header file that the applet would use at build time...

Dan