Re: WAF (Was: build tools)

2007/12/2, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro <gjc inescporto pt>:
In case anyone is interested, feel free to try out a 100% WAF-ied
version of gnome-python:

The WAF based tarball (including a self contained waf script, which is
all you need to build) is 249K, while an autotools version is 424K.  I
could reduce the size even more if I removed and the's.  It also builds much faster, especially if you count
the ./ part, though I didn't to get actual numbers.

Cool, nice work Gustavo!

When I have some more time I will see about making jhbuild use waf, to
get people testing this new system.  Later, if no serious problems or
objections are found, I would like to switch to it.

If you start on this, give me a shout, I would like to help.

PS: try the '-p' waf option for greater eye candy effect.

Un saludo,
Alberto Ruiz