Re: debugging gtk-engines?

On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 22:19 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 23:02 +0200, Jan de Groot wrote:
> > With the latest gtk-engines 2.11 clearlooks engine, I get an invalid
> > free on running any wxgtk application. This error is caught by glibc,
> > which stops the program with a SIGABORT. This error does not happen when
> > reverting to the 2.10 package, or when using a different theme engine
> > like Mist.
> > All I get in this trace is an internal function of wxGTK, which seems to
> > call g_free. There's no reference to any theme engine in the valgrind
> > output and/or glibc assertion backtrace.
> >
> > Do we have any ways to debug these problems in gtk engines?
> >
> > The error when using wxgtk applications (vlc in this case) with
> > clearlooks 2.11:
>
> That function in wxGTK does this:
>
> g_free( default_border );
>
> It shouldn't call g_free, but gtk_border_free.
>
> Ross

Ah, found out after posting this to the list. This is the same issue
that hit many applications with glib 2.12 when gobject structures
shouldn't be free'd with g_free anymore. It's weird that nobody ever
caught this bug in wxgtk before, it's only some specific theme engines
that traverses into this code.