Re: org.gnome.Application DBus Interface

On Fri, 2007-08-10 at 17:45 +0100, Alex Jones wrote:
> Hi list
>
> the org.gnome.Application DBus interface provides a way for applications
> to expose common application functionality in a standardised way.

sounds pretty good... it would indeed be very useful to start using this
for apps to export actions, so, what about adding a:

InvokeAction (action_name, arguments)

method? That way, we could use this interface for calling actions (not
based on (complicated) URIs) on the app. Rhythmbox could just have
several actions, like Play/Pause/Volume up-down/etc

That would be very useful (as we tried to do on the CORBA days) for
automation

> Issues to be worked on:
>
>      1. Startup notification

can't this be done on gnome-application-exec? It can just do the startup
notification for the duration of the Launch call

>      2. Multiple screen scenarios
>      3. Actions on multiple URIs
>      4. GObject API to wrap the DBus API

what do you mean here? Are the dbus-glib bindings not enough?
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>