Re: Sticky Windows

Kalle Vahlman wrote:

> I remember seeing an equivalent feature in that modern window manager
> called "twm". Only in that it wasn't restricted to the screen edges,
> it was anywhere on the desktop area!

I remember this feature from my AmigaOS 15 years ago.

But AmigaOS implemented it better allowing to send key events to
minimized applications: Simply putting mouse pointer over the icon and
entering commands into minimized terminal or press shortcuts for
minimized editor was really cool.

It is definitely missing in GNOME - both minimized windows as desktop
icons (as an alternative to windows list) and minimized window events.

>From usability experience, "Sticky windows" and "Iconified windows" are
different from "Windows Lists", because it exercises different type of
human perception.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                          e-mail: sbrabec suse cz
Lihovarská 1060/12                            tel: +420 284 028 966
190 00 Praha 9                                fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic                                http://www.suse.cz/