Re: external dependencies; trolling for more feedback, pushing to make it official ; -)

On 9/22/06, Elijah Newren <newren gmail com> wrote:
On 9/22/06, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> Don't get me wrong, it is of course great to have the latest bugfixes and get
> dbus release candidates widely tested, but if the focus  is on answering the
> question: "can Gnome x.y be deployed on z ?" we should look at the hard
> requirements (as in can not work with a version older than...). Maybe
> we should split the list of external dependencies into required and
> recommended versions. Then we could have e.g. a required dbus-glib
> version of 0.70, but recommend 0.71.

Sounds good to me...

And done -- http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointSeventeen/ExternalDependencies
has been split into minimum versions and recommended versions, with
the minimum versions being lowered for the three tarballs you pointed
out and the recommended versions being bumped higher for the important
ones Kjartan pointed out.