Re: Drive applet by default

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 10:44 +0200, David Prieto wrote:
> I've noticed that some people coming from windows have trouble removing
> USB devices and the like, because they don't quite know what to do to
> "safely remove the device".

How feasible would it be to add an Eject icon to the removable drive
menu entries under Places?  Split the menu item into two so that
clicking the main icon and text opens the device in Nautilus as usual,
but there is an eject icon on the far right.

This may be crack and the usability team might burn me down for this of
course... :)

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./