Re: external dependencies

On 9/12/06, Christian Persch <chpe gnome org> wrote:
I would prefer to use the cvs/svn/whatever modules on the tag
corresponding to the release, if it exists. That way you can use your
jhbuild checkout to make patches (cvs diff), which is impossible for
tarball builds.

Slightly more involved (and perhaps wasteful of a bit of disk space),
but by no means impossible.  People do it all the time.  ;-)

> I've put together a _preliminary_ page to help push these two ideas
> along at http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointSeventeen/ExternalDependencies.
> There may be inaccuracies or omissions there, but it has the basics
> already.  Thoughts?  Comments?

>From that lgo page:

> xulrunner (mozilla)
> 1.5.0.6
> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5.0.6/source/

The link points to the firefox source, not xulrunner.

Fixed now, thanks for pointing it out.

While xulrunner 1.8.0 doesn't suffice for epiphany dependency (you need
some patches), xulrunner from the 1.8 branch (what the current jhbuild
moduleset is building: MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH) does. There's going to be a
xulrunner 1.8.1 _release_ some time after the ff 2.0 release (see
http://benjamin.smedbergs.us/blog/2006-08-22/xulrunner-updates/ ), so I
think it should be safe to use that as the gecko dependency version for
epiphany for the Gnome 2.18 release.

Sounds great, thanks.  :)