Re: external dependencies

On 9/11/06, Elijah Newren <newren gmail com> wrote:
There was also a very strong sentiment that we should tighten up on
the addition of new dependencies, moving to a must-be-approved-first
rule for adding new dependencies.  I think doing such, in combination
with freezing dependencies to specific versions[1], is necessary to
fix the ridiculousness of the current build situation[2].

I've put together a _preliminary_ page to help push these two ideas
along at http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointSeventeen/ExternalDependencies.
 There may be inaccuracies or omissions there, but it has the basics
already.  Thoughts?  Comments?

Looks good. I'll point out there is a pkgconfig 0.21 now, which we may
want to put on that list, but it doesn't make any practical difference.
.

Maybe a freedesktop-2.18.modules would be a good idea?  I kind of
doubt gnome-2.14.modules would currently really build right now, given
that freedesktop is such a moving target anyway...

Yes,