Re: Planning Gnome Scan Inclusion

On Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 02:24:10PM +0200, Étienne Bersac wrote:
> > The first steps towards inclusion into GNOME (blessed or not) would be
> > to move GNOME scan to the GNOME infrastructure (CVS, and bugzilla).
>
> I submit a request for a SVN Repo and a gnome.org account few weeks ago.
> Still nothing about both. I would like to avoid using CVS for a
> migration in some weeks later ... (and because i'm fed up with CVS)

Due to technical reasons it is not possible to have a SVN repository
before GNOME switches over. When logging in via ssh, you are forced to
use CVS (/usr/bin/cvs server). While this could perhaps be changed, the
result would be that it would force the SVN command (no CVS for you
anymore). This is not workable (even if you agree, translators would
not).

--
Regards,
Olav