Re: gnome-utils branched for GNOME 2.16

<quote who="Emmanuele Bassi">

> > At the moment, it is fairly difficult to do a window selection unless
> > you know the secret password (key combo or CLI parameters). An optional
> > two step process (made optional by defaulting to full screen as it works
> > now) would help with that.
>
> The problem is that I really don't know how to make the Screenshot utility
> work with a two-step flow without having people screaming at my doorstep
> because I disrupted their one-step flow. :-)  And I quite agree with them:
> taking a shot of the screen should require the least possible iterations,
> especially if you want to take loads of shots.

I mentioned above that the second step can be made optional, simply by doing
what we're already doing - take a full screen shot by default, but prompt to
use other tools as well as saving. So if you're taking full screen shots (by
pressing PrintScreen) or current-window shots (by pressing Alt-PrintScreen),
your workflow is not interrupted at all.

But if you want to grab a region, select a window, or take a video, you can
clicky-click to the next step (which brings you back to the "ready to save"
window again anyway).

We could even add further modifiers to PrintScreen to default to regions or
videos or... ;-)

- Jeff

    "I can't imagine anyone telling Emma Bunton to shut up. It would be
                        rather like slapping Bambi."