Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18
- From: Steve Frécinaux <nudrema gmail com>
- To: Jamie McCracken <jamiemcc blueyonder co uk>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18
- Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 01:10:14 +0200
Jamie McCracken wrote:
I know this is a bit late in the hour but I should be in the nick of
time as the new modules proposals deadlines ends in a few hours!
So well, what modules are you proposing ? the Tracker database and indexer ?
Use cases that looks interesting to me wrt tracker and that I'd like to
- using it as a backend for gedit to store its own metadata about files
(like current line number, syntax highlighting used, etc.)
- common database for pictures (f-spot) or music (rhythmbox, banshee),
possibly faster than the current backends for those.
I'm not really interested in the indexer aspect of tracker (I don't use
'search' often and I don't see any other use case)
A side question: is it possible for tracker to track in some way the
backuped files ? I'm thinking about burned CDs containing pictures,
since f-spot for instance is not capable of telling me "the pics you are
looking for were burned on the BLAH_2006 photo CD!"
] [Thread Prev