Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18

Ross Burton wrote:
On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 03:10 +0100, Jamie McCracken wrote:
We have just released a new stable version of tracker (0.5.0) which can be found here:

http://www.gnome.org/~jamiemcc/tracker/tracker-0.5.0.tar.bz2

I would like to propose this for inclusion into Gnome 2.18 as its now been well tested and should be stable enough.

Aside from technical objections, are there any distributions that ship
this by default?  Do any of these enable it by default?

New applications don't get into GNOME as they may be cool and
interesting, they get into GNOME as they are used in the real world.  As
an example, Sound Juicer, IIRC, was the default CD ripper in released
versions of Red Hat and Mandrake before it was proposed and accepted
into GNOME.
I hope this is not the only acceptance criteria. How many distros ship epiphany still? However, if a distro has already shipped it and its underlining dependencies, it does
make it easier for to be accepted :).

-Ghee

Ross